The HAPUA Meeting on Task Force of ASEAN Power Grid Consultative Committee (APGCC) was held in Bandung, Indonesia on September 10, 2007. Participants of the Meeting consisted of the delegates from Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Brunei Darussalam and Lao PDR were not able to attend the meeting. List of delegates is given in Appendix 1.
Welcoming Remarks Mr. Syaiful B. Ibrahim, HAPUA Secretary in Charge, addressed his opening remarks for the HAPUA Meeting on Task Force of ASEAN Power Grid Consultative Committee (APGCC). He extended a very warm welcome to all delegates on behalf of HAPUA Secretariat, the host of the meeting. He wished the delegates’ efforts would contribute to the success of the Meeting.
2. Opening Remark
Mr. Aung Khaing, Chairman of HAPUA Working Committee addressed his opening remark and delivered the chairperson duties of the Task Force to Mr Jesusito H. Sulit. All delegates accepted.
3. Conduct of the Meeting
Mr. Jesusito H. Sulit, Senior Vice President chaired the HAPUA Meeting on Task Force of the ASEAN Power Grid Consultative Committee (APGCC).
The meeting agenda was adopted and is attached as Appendix 2.
4. Presentation and Reviewing the Drafted Action Plan of APG by WG 2
EGAT briefed the draft TOR of APGCC and the plan of action of APGCC
The meeting discussed the draft TOR and agreed amendments as listed below :
1. Setting up the APGCC Structure that consists of :
• At least two members from each country (one each from Utility/Authority and Government)
• Organization Structure (Consultative Committee ? Chairman – Vice Chairman – HAPUA Secretariat and Members)
• The APGCC Task Force shall request the HAPUA Working Committee to authorize the APGCC to assign relevant projects to some of the HAPUA Working Groups
• The initial Working Group under the APGCC shall be the Taxation and Tariff Group and Regulatory and Legal Framework Group.
• Chairman of APG Consultative Committee should be a member of the HAPUA Working Committee
• Members from each utility should preferably be equivalent to or one level below that of the HAPUA Working Committee.
• Members from the government are preferably from under the Department/Ministry of Energy.
• The meeting proposed that the first Chairman of the APGCC shall be Datuk Md. Sidek Ahmad and the Vice Chairman shall be Mr. Bambang Hermawanto.
5. Other Matters
? The Chairman of the Task Force shall present the results of the meeting to the next HAPUA Working Committee Meeting in November 2007.
? HAPUA Secretariat shall circulate the request for nomination of members, Minutes of The Meeting and the signed MOU to the Country Coordinator.
? Every member country should submit the nomination of the members to the HAPUA Secretariat at the latest by mid October 2007.
The Chairperson acknowledged the valuable contribution and good cooperation of all delegates in making the meeting a success. He also expressed his appreciation to the organizing staff for their excellent efforts.
All delegates expressed their sincere thanks to HAPUA Secretariat and PLN for the warm hospitality and the arrangement of the meeting.
The meeting was held in the traditional spirit of ASEAN solidarity and cordiality and was then closed with vote of thanks to the Chairperson.